"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
Eph 4: 29 & 32
Here is a little background of the two kiddos involved in this story!
So last year there was a little girl in Jaxson class, we will call her E, and she was a bit of a handful. She was a sweet girl, but often got into trouble or caused problems in the class. When I found out that this girl was in Jaxson's class this year, I was a little worried. The first week of school I kept asking Jax how she was doing, and to my surprise, he would say so excitedly, "Mom, she hasn't gotten in trouble once! She knows all the rules and is obeying them!" He has come home many times telling me what a good job she is doing!
This year there is a new little boy, we will call him C! We met C on meet the teacher day and found out that he was new to the area. He was extremely shy, and his mom said he was scared. So my sweet Jax told him to sit next to him and then Jaxson told him, "Don't worry, you will love it here. It is the best school ever!" So now Jax sits next to C every day. He has come home many times saying C was in trouble or that he said that he likes to be the class bully. This boy is also the boy that pushed Jaxson down on the playground the first week of school.
And now to the story of today....
"Mom, today C was being mean to E again. He told E that he didn't like her because of her nose! I went and told E to not worry because he doesn't know all the rules yet. Mom, he just isn't really nice. He tells her that to her face all the time."
I told Jaxson that I was so proud of him and that I know God is so proud of him for standing up for his friend and for encouraging her. Jaxson was just so distraught that C was so mean, he kept asking me why. I told him that C might not know Jesus. Then Jaxson told me, "I know mom, I asked him last week if he knew Jesus!" Then my sweet encourager Jaxson said this to the mean kid, "C by the end of the year you are not going to be so mean you are going to know all the rules and will be nice." Jaxson told me that C obviously does not see the "No Bully Zone" signs around school. He told me, "Mom, I always try to let E know that it is going to be OK and that C doesn't know the rules!!"
Oh I love this boy so much!! The thing I love so much is that he is truly distraught over this whole thing. He was almost in tears when he was talking about the boy being mean and saying mean things to his friend. I love how my Jaxson is so concerned with doing the right thing! I have prayed and prayed for my kiddos that God would give discernment for them to choose right over wrong, and if they choose wrong that God would give them a heart full of conviction. I think Jaxson is just beside himself because he can't understand why this boy keeps choosing wrong. At first I was struggling with having this boy in Jaxson's class. I wanted him to be surrounded by a support system like he was last year. But I am slowly seeing God's provision in that, and I think God has great big plans for my Jax to share God's love with this little boy! We started praying for him a couple of weeks ago, and I am anxious to see how God will change his heart and use Jaxson to show God's love to him!
2 comments:
What a precious, precious child. If only we adults were as bold to share our faith as children are. Love that little Jax!
So true Haley! Jen, Pastor Craig would love to hear this story!!! You may want to email him!
Post a Comment