Thursday, November 28, 2013

Evoke

We got to go our with some sweet friends who have a heart for orphan/foster care. We went out to eat and then to Evoke Cafe where they were having a big fundraiser night for OK foster kids to give them all Christmas presents. It was so much fun to just sit and talk with our sweet friends and share our heart about foster care! We had a great time and got to talk to the founder of OK foster wishes. I could have sat and listened to her talk all day about foster care. My heart so wants to just take every baby home with me from the OKC shelter, but I know in His timing God will show us how we can serve Him in this area. For now we will support, love, and volunteer as much as we can.







My amazing friend made this for me as a gift. It has to be one of the greatest gifts I have received. It is so significant in so many ways. Though I have only been to Ethiopia once, a part of my heart was left there. It was a time in my life I will never forget. I got to see His face in every single orphan, I got to be in His presence and be His hands and feet, it is a time I will never ever forget. So having this hang in my home is  a constant reminder that my calling, my purpose on this earth is so much greater than anything I could ever imagine, I just can't get caught up in the mundane and remember He is calling me to do His Kingdom work! It also reminds me to be praying for all the babies I left in Africa. In our home we call them our African brothers!! =) The boys love that!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: