Monday, January 6, 2014

10th bday celebration


My Sweet sweet 10 year old, how is this possible. I love this boy so much and as excited as I am to celebrate his 10th birthday my heart is a little sad knowing that he is growing up way too fast before my very eyes! I feel like we just brought this little boy home from the hospital with his crazy monkey hair that they were surprised he had since he was 4 weeks early. I remember countless sleepless nights with this boy. And I mean sleepless nights for over a year! I remember freaking out when he was 1 week old thinking he was going to die because he had sever jaundice and our pediatrician told us to take him straight to the ER. I remember crying and crying thinking he was not going to make it! Oh I was such a young mom and so worried. How things have changed, how I have realized that these boys are not my own. They are His, He has mapped out every single day, and I get to be a part of it. I get to help mold them into what He has designed them for. I get to be a part of the Kingdom work in them! My worries and fears are still there, but OH I trust him so much more. He is faithful to provide all I need, and He has provided so much through my Jaxson. This boy in his short 10 years of life has done more for the Lord than I have in my 33 years of life. This boy has probably spent a good majority of his life praying to the Lord. There have been so many times I have caught him saying a quick prayer under his breath for the homeless person on the side of the street, for the ambulance that is driving quickly by us, for a friend, for a test, for him to not get the flu, and so on. The boy knows where His source of strength comes from, and he goes straight to the source often! I love him so so much and love his heart, his willingness to serve, his heart for those who don't have friends, the way he helps me and his brothers out, his joy for life, his passion for church and learning, he is beyond brilliant, he is beyond talented, and I could go on and on. This boys is amazing and so we got to celebrate him on his tenth birthday by going to Dallas, just mom and dad and cousin Corbin. We stayed at a hotel, got to go out to eat, went to lego land, had fun at the grapevine mall, went to a dallas start games, swam in the hotel swimming pool, and we had FUN FUN FUN!!!

Eating at Chilis!


Silly boys!




Swimming in the super big hot tub!



Jumping on the hotel bed!
Pillow fight!
Passed out boys!

Yummy breakfast in the shape of the state of texas!
ready to start our day!

Just catching up on reading the news!
Lego Land!

Jaxson made this sign at Lego land!

Watching a 4-D lego movie! We watched 4 of them!!!


Looking at the awesome lego creations!

Lego starwars.

Lego Great Wolf Lodge

Lego downtown dallas.

Grapevine mall. I love it because the 10 year old boys were holding hands!! =)


Getting ready to do the bubble!!! I wish I could have captured their laughing!!



Getting ready to walk into the Dallas Stars game!


Silly boys.


We had AMAZING seats! Thanks to Uncle Don and Aunt Carolyn!









They loved it!



Such a fun fun birthday and such a sweet time with just my oldest!! Thank you God for the greatest gift of my boys! And thank you for my sweet Jaxson for his life. For what you have done through him already and for what you are going to do! God we praise you for him!!

No comments: