What an amazing gift prayer is! We can call upon our Heavenly Father ANYTIME, ANY PLACE, for ANYTHING! How comforting it is to know that our Savior sits at the right hand of God waiting and longing to hear from us so that He can intercede for us. How awesome it is to lay it all down at His feet.
Jaaf and I try to teach the boys how amazing prayer is! Our sweet Jaxson has been a boy who LOVES to pray about ANYTHING! I love this quality in him, and I pray that God continues to grow it in him. Every night when we are putting Jax down for bed, we always pray with him and ask him who He wants to pray for and what he wants to pray for. Just recently he has had a few bad dreams, so Jaaf and I told him that you can even pray that God would take those bad dreams away! So one night he had a bad dream and he said mom please pray that God would take away my bad dreams. So I prayed, "Father we ask that you would bind all bad dreams in the name of Jesus from Jaxson and that you would allow him to only have good dreams." Pretty simple little prayer, but it meant so much to my little boy. That next morning Jax woke up and he said to me, "Mom, God protected me! I didn't have any bad dreams!!!" How wonderful our Heavenly Father is! Now every night Jax will ask us to ask God to "buy" all of his bad dreams! It took us a while to understand what that meant, then Jaaf realized that when we pray we ask God to "bind" away all bad dreams!!
We do a little preschool devotion every morning with the boys. The other day the topic was about bowing down and worshiping God! So after we read it we had the boys get down on their knees, so they could understand what it was like to bow down. We went around as a family and each prayed. Jax went first and said, "Dear God, thank you for giving us our new Christmas tree, than you for our new day, amen." Then I went and Jaaf went. Then we wanted to see what our sweet little Jantzy would do, so we said, "Your turn Jantz!" And this was his prayer..."God.....ummmm..........bye!" We just laughed! I am sure it put a huge smile on God face!!!
It is so important to us that our boys know how to bow down and worship their Heavenly Father! I am not sure how you teach that, I just know that if we have them bow down at the ages of 2 and 4 that hopefully by the time they are 20 and 22, their little knees will be worn! It is also a constant reminder that if we want our children to understand the importance of prayer, we better be their example.
"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker..."
Psalm 95:6
1 comment:
What an amazing experience we had at the breakfast table when Jantz wanted to pray. Those big eyes looking up and saying "God" just melted me! He said a prayer then looked at me and said "your turn". I said a short prayer, then Jax said "lets all hold hands". Jantz said "Papa your turn".. What an awesome breakfast we had! Yes, Jesus is smiling! Grandi
Post a Comment