Saturday, September 27, 2008

Survivor!

Last weekend was the Susan G Komen Race in Tulsa! We have gone every year since Jaaf's mom, Andi, was diagnosed with cancer. She is now a 3 three survivor and doing better than ever! I just remember how great she was during all of the chemo treatments. We all knew she did not feel well, but she never complained about a thing. Every time we would come and see her, she was keeping us busy! Her faith in the Lord carried her through all of her treatments! She was a daily testimony of God's strength, hope, and love! She was and still is a fighter. I was telling the boys that all of this was to celebrate their Grandi because she is a survivor. Later Jaxson told me, "Mom, I told Jantzen that Grandi is a survivor!" Andi and Jaaf did great! They finished the race and afterwards she was interviewed for the local TV station! It was such a blessing and such a great reminder of God's faithfulness this weekend!
Getting ready to start running!
Jantzen and Jax in the back cheering on Grandi!!!!!The boys playing some games while Jaaf and Grandi run the race!
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

2 comments:

Carrie Diddle said...

YEAH!! We love Grandi...way to go guys!

Anonymous said...

I just got a warm fuzzy, a cold chill and misty eyes all at once! God bless you all and thank you for all your prayers and support! Love to all!