Saturday, October 12, 2013

Anniversary get away.


Jaaf and I had a sweet little weekend getaway for our 12th anniversary! We went to Arkansas where my friend Carrie and her husband Ben were having a benefit for the James Initiative. All the things we bought on our trip were being auctioned off to help their new sewing center they are organizing. We had such a great time and it was so good to get to see all the girls from the trip! It made me miss Africa but so so thankful for the time I spent there.
I am so so thankful for my husband and for our marriage. God has been so so good and has richly richly blessed me with an amazing husband and an amazing marriage. Seriously God has blessed our marriage ABOVE AND BEYOND ANYTHING I COULD HAVE EVER HOPED FOR. I love my jaaf way way more right now then I ever have!! He is my everything and I am truly blessed he is mine!!  We are not perfect and we have had our rough times, but through it all we have been faithful to Him, prayerful over our marriage, and God has done great things and blessed us. We see marriages failing all around us and so we are ever so reminded that the enemy is waiting to destroy us, so we pray harder, prayer for protection, pray He will renew our love, pray He will grow us closer to each other and closer to HIm, and He has been good to answer every single prayer!! All glory goes to Him!
Here is some of the amazing artwork we bought.
It is the ethiopian streets!
Some amazing praise and worship!
Ben brought it!! I had no idea what an amazing speaker he was. God truly spoke through him that night!
The beautiful cabin my dear friend Carrie let us stay in for the weekend! It was just what we needed!
Jaaf was pooped!
The stairs leading down to the lake.


God's handiwork.




had to stop by Shipley donuts for our favorite friends the Shipleys!!
This was my favorite thing about the cabin getting to see this pretty face everywhere!! =)
Jaaf and I went to our favorite place to eat, Ruth's Chris Steak house. Funny thing is we got our same amazing waitress that we had two years before!! =)

No comments: