
Jaafar here.
If you're reading this blog, you are more than likely familiar with our family and how it operates. That operation being that I travel quite a bit... ok... a ton... for my job. It currently finds me in Emporia, Kansas. It's not the ideal scenario to make a living, but it does provide a roof over our head, and the opportunity for Jennah to be able to stay at home with Jaxson and Jantzen. All in all, the whole thing runs pretty smoothly. And the reason is because of the person who you will typically find authoring the blog.
I don't know how she does it, each and every day that I'm gone, but she does. And does it magnificently. Getting the boys up, dressed, Jaxson off to school, picked up, naps, laundry, dishes, baths... the whole nine. And, to top it off, finds time to have devotionals with the boys so that they know what exactly is the most important thing in this world, and that is a relationship with Christ. Oh yeah, and she gets them fed, too.
She keeps our bills straight... if I need a student loan statement from April, she knows where it is... she always makes sure Jax is ready and prepared for whatever event may be at school the next day... always makes sure I have a note of encouragement in my travel bags... and leaves notes in make-up (or something like that) on my mirror just to say "I love you." I would do a serious injustice to her, and all the things she does if I tried to list them out.
I've seen her grow so much in our almost-ten-years of being together. That's not to say she wasn't an incredible woman/girl when we met. I've seen her grow from being mentored in her walk with Christ, to being a mentor. Anyone who knows Jennah for 10 seconds knows what she is about... Christ, then her family. You cannot take 2 steps in our home without knowing who the focus of our house is, who we serve, and who we are thankful to. That is due to Jennah, and her unwavering faith in our Lord. If it were just me? The house would be crimson, and the carpet would like the football field in Norman.
I've told her before that when I was younger, I always imagined what "Mrs. Gassid" would look like, be like, if we were blessed enough with children (check), what kind of mother she would be. I never expected to have someone as perfect and incredible as Jennah is. There is no way I could get through my days without her encouragement, or the random text message she will invariably send that says "I love you. I'm so proud of you and all your hard work!" It's because of that I can keep up this grind. Staying in towns that only have an Applebee's and a Wal-Mart.
Quite simply put?
She's the best. She's my rock. And I love her.
4 comments:
I am so thankful I have the most wonderful girl in the world to take care of my son and grandbabies! We are so blessed to have Jen in our lives!!!!
Well if that wasn't the sweetest thing in the world, then I don't know what is. Ya'll are so precious! Jennah, I just told Ryan the other day that I don't know how you do it during the week. you are a better woman than I am. I pray that you are encouraged today as you do all of your motherly duties.
Awwe, so sweet :) Jennah you are a terrific wife and mom! God bless your family!
Well that was a very sweet and precious blog from my husband! I will have to say he makes me look a lot better than I really am! I could not do it with out him!!! He is amazing and we make a great team!!! I tell him every night that I am thankful for him and that I couldn't do it without him!! Thank you Jaaf for the sweet blog!! I love you so much!!!!
Post a Comment