OH I LOVE SPY WEDNESDAY!! It is one of my favorite days of Holy Week with the boys! They love to pretend that they are spies on a mission for Jesus! They call it spy Wednesday because this is the day the Judas went to the chief priest and asked how much they would give him if he turned in Jesus. There are just so many fascinating things about this story. It is just beyond me that Judas would betray Jesus! He knew Him, walked with Him, journeyed with Him, he touched Him, felt Him, sat with Him, ate with Him, taught with Him, and so on, yet he chose to betray Him. 30 pieces of silver was about 4 months wages. It was a lot of money, but not millions. Then later while Jesus is having the last super, Jesus explains how one of the twelve will betray Him. Then Judas has the nerve to ask if it is him. He had already gone and asked how much money they would give him! My absolute favorite part of this whole story is when Judas does actually betray Him and bring the guards to arrest Jesus. One of the twelve takes his sword and slices the ear off the Roman guard. Then Jesus grabbed his ear and put it back on! I mean this was the man who was taking him in to be sentenced to death, and He is healing him!! Amazing, I just wonder what the guard was thinking! Then Jesus said the most amazing words,
“Put away your sword,” Jesus told him. “Those who use the sword will die by the sword. 53 Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly? 54 But if I did, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that describe what must happen now?”
Matthew 26:52-54
Do we not realize HE CAN DO ANYTHING! I think sometimes people get so frustrated when they see all Jesus went through to get to the cross and then die on the cross, that they wonder why didn't He just stop it all. He HAD TO FULFILL the scriptures so that we could be saved! He also had to go through such torment and anguish, so that when we are suffering, we know that we have a God who has been through more pain and anguish then would could ever imagine, and He did it all for us!!
So on Spy Wednesday I started off our day with a few little clues around the house! Mission #1, find your clothes for school, I had a little ryhming clue for them to find their clothes, their breakfast, and so on! They thought it was super fun! Then Jantz and I went on a few mini missions before Jax got home from school. That night I put eggs all over the house with silver coins in them. I wrote 5 different clues to help the boys find all the eggs. Each clue was a puzzle piece. Once we found all the clues and all the eggs, we put the puzzle together and read the verse, John 3:16. Then we openned our eggs to find 30 pieces of silver for each boy! Then we made a decsion that we were not going to be like Judas, and we were going to give the money back to God. Jax was so sweet because he put his in a baggie that said, "To: God From: Jax. Jantz asked how do we get this to God, and Jax answered, "We take it to the Church, then they send it to God, then God gives it back to the church to use it to help others!!"
The boys just kept saying how Awesome it was and how much fun it was!! I love to make the Bible fun and exciting! It is exactly what His word is!
Clue #1!!!!!!

Finding all the eggs!
Counting out all their eggs and coins!

Jaxson's bag that says, To:God From: Jax!
Reading John 3:16 to his brother! So precious to hear your son read the Word of God!
No comments:
Post a Comment