(Just a little warning for those of you who aren't family and read my blog every once in a while, it is a long one! I only do this blog for our family and so that we can remember special things that have happened along the way!! Just wanted to give you a heads up!!)
Jax: Mom, I think James is getting baptized next Sunday.
Me: Really? That is awesome! (James' mom and I are good friends, so I was quite surprised that she didn't tell me about it, but I went ahead and went along with his story!)
I asked Jaxson, so do you know what being baptized is?
Jax: Yeah Mom, it's when you go swimming!
Me: Yes it is very much like swimming. When ever we ask Jesus to come and live in our hearts forever, that is when we become Christians. We are born again, a new creation in Christ. After we become a part of God's family, then the next thing God calls us to do is to be baptized. We do it as a symbol of our love for Him and to show others our commitment to Christ.
Jax: Mom, I want to pray and ask Jesus into my heart tonight!
Me: Jax are you sure? It is a big decision! When you ask Jesus to live in your heart, that means that you surrender your life to Him and that you allow Jesus to rule in all you do!
Jax: Yes, mom I really want to ask Jesus into my heart!
Me: Ok, lets pray!
Jax: I already did while you were talking!
Me: Jax can we do it again and pray aloud together?
Jax: Sure mom!
So we went into his room to try to escape the crazy screaming baby, and we prayed a sweet and simple prayer for Jesus to come and cleanse us of all our sin! To take over our lives! To make us new! To help us to follow Him all the days of our lives!!! It was a sweet prayer that my quiet shy Jaxson teared up when he prayed it! I was beaming and overwhelmed with joy because I had been specifically praying for the past 4 months that God would just lay it on Jaxson's heart to formally commit his life to Christ!
See, I've struggled with whether or not Jaxson had formally made that decision, because for the majority of his life he has loved the Lord, loved to pray to God, loved to read His word, loved to memorize scripture. I mean this boy loves to tell people about God and how they need Him in their lives! Jaxson has never said, Mom I asked Jesus into my heart, but I have had no doubt that he loves Jesus! So I began to pray that God would make it clear to him to come to me and tell me that he had or that he wanted to! And when you ask according to His word, He answers you! And boy oh boy am I so thankful for this answer!!!
I have always wanted my boys to ask Jesus into their hearts on their own terms. We talk about God and Jesus a lot in our house, we study His word together, we sing and dance to Praise music together, so my boys are getting fed! I have never ever wanted to be the one that said, "Have you asked Jesus into your heart, if not you are going to hell!" I did not want them to one day think, "You know it was my mom who pushed this faith on me!" What we have always done is talk about Christ, His love for us, how He died for us, how you have a relationship with Him, and we have left the rest up to God and His perfecting timing! I wanted the boys to feel prompted to make this decision because God was drawing them in, not because I was pressuring them to make the decision! (hope that all makes sense! There is nothing wrong with asking someone if they want to ask Jesus into their hearts! I think it is something I struggled with for a while because I was 6, at a Nazarene camp, and vividly remember walking down the aisle because all my friends were. I didn't really understand what a relationship with the Lord was until I was about 12 and that is when I got baptized!) Jaxson did not want me to call Jaaf to tell him about what he had done because he wanted to tell him in person! When Jaaf found out he was also beaming with excitement!!
I'm just rejoicing in the Salvation of my first born! I told my sweet Jax that God has some amazing things planned for him!! Tonight I took Jaxson to his Konnect group, (it is a group of 10 boys around his age and from his school that meet every Sunday for discipleship and fellowship!). When I picked him up his leader, Taylor, asked me if Jaxson wanted to be baptized. I told Taylor the whole story and he told me, "I know, Jaxson has been excited all night and hasn't stopped talking about having Jesus in his heart!!!" Oh it does this mamma's heart so good to hear that!!!
Jaxson told me once we got home that in the big group they asked the kids to tell their leader one thing that they prayed about this week. Jaxson then said, "I thought in my head, oooooh, this is my chance to tell Taylor I asked Jesus in my heart!" Then Taylor told me, "Dude!! That is the most awesome thing you can ever do!!!" He then told Jax to keep on praying and reading God's word!!!
Thank You Lord!!! Below is a bible verse that the boys were working on memorizing last week. Jaxson said after he asked Jesus in his heart he wanted to keep reading it over and over again!
"I will confess, praise, and give thanks to You, for You have heard and answered me; and You have become my Salvation and Deliverer."
Psalm 118:21
2 comments:
That made me cry! Such a precious boy. :) We will be praying that sweet Jax continues to grow in his knowledge and his love for our Jesus!!!
That made me cry too! So sweet! Jaxson sounds so much Like Ryan! She has such a tender heart for the Lord even now. But I agree with you, I want Ryan to fully understand it and come to it on her own with no pressure. These are the greatest moments or our lives, when we find Jesus and start a relationship with Him and when we see others find Him too! Love you!
Post a Comment