Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful Month!!

So every year in November we have a Thankful Tree out! Every night while we are eating dinner we try to talk about what we are thankful for. We also try to go over a "thankful" verse each week to memorize! This year as I was putting our little Tree up I realized how sad it looked! It was bare, had nothing on it and was just pathetic looking! Then I started to think how beautiful it will soon be when we start putting up the leaves of all the things we are thankful for. It is just like that in our life. Sometimes Satan can makes us think of the bad or think of things we wish we had and our life seems or looks empty, but once we start giving thanks to Christ and see ALL the things He has blessed us with, we realize how VERY full our lives are! All we need is Him and for that I am thankful!!
Some of my favorite things the boys said they were thankful for were:
God!
Family and Friends!
Their IPODS! (sad but true!)
Their toys, blankies, etc.
Jantzen told us that he was thankful for his brother! When I asked him, "You mean your brothers?" He responded by saying, "No, the other brother always cries and takes away all my toys!!" At least he is honest!!
Jantzen did redeem himself when he said he is thankful for everything in the world except bad guys and satan. I am thankful that God will beat up satan!
My poor little tree! I made it about 5 years ago! I went to a friends house the other day and she had made a beautiful "Giving Tree" out of fabric!! It put my sad little laminated tree to shame!! Maybe I'll update it next year!!!
It's a little blurry, but it is amazing how much better this tree looks with all of its Thanks!!!!
Here is my favorite Thanks verse we tried to memorize this month!!
"Give thanks to God, for He is good, and His love NEVER quits!!"
I Chronicles 16:34

No comments: