Yesterday was Leap Day! What better Day to celebrate being Wacky then on Leap Day!! Recently I have been working a lot taking care of a little girl a couple days a week during the day then taking care of my friends boy at night a few days a week for her while she tutors. I am so very thankful for these opportunities, but on weeks that Jaafar is gone and the baby isn't sleeping, I am exhausted. I decided to take a break on Wednesday and let loose and be a little wacky! I fell like so many times as parents/adults we get in a rut and forget how much fun it is to be silly. To sing and dance as loud as you can in the car with your kiddos and not worry what the car next to you is going to think. I personally just don't look at the other car, that way I don't know what they are thinking and don't care! I personally think we people see me and my kiddos singing and dancing and acting all crazy that they probably wished their family was as cool as ours!! =) We need to take as many moments as we can to be wacky to have fun to enjoy this life God has given, to not take things so seriously! So I decided to heck with work and responsibility, I need some time with my boys. So I went to the school and picked them up early to take them to the zoo to see the wacky and craziest animals we could find! The boys were so shocked when I picked them up early. Jaxson said, "What are we doing??" I whispered, "We are going to the zoo for some fun!" He smiled. Then Jantzen came walking out of his classroom and said, "Mom, I was in the middle of a movie, but don't worry, you didn't know we were watching a movie!!" Then Jaxson said, hey Jantzen you can wear your hat to the zoo!! I told Jaxson to whisper since we were still in the school. Then Jaxson said, "What I meant Jantzen was that one day soon you can wear your hat to the zoo, wink wink!!" Oh, well, what were they going to do put me in jail for taking my kids out of school so we could have some fun!!
So we loaded up the van full of snacks and headed to the zoo. But on the way there we turned the music up load and had a dance party in the car! We had so much fun at the zoo. I love going at the end of the day because no one is there!! We walked all over and saw so many animals. It was just a breath of fresh air and exactly what this momma needed. As we were leaving, my Jett, looked at me and said, "Thanks momma for taking me to the zoo to see all the animals. It so fun!!" What a sweet end to our zoo trip!! I then took the boys to get some McDonalds and then we had a picnic outside on our driveway!! It was way to nice to be inside before it got dark. We made scooter racing tracks on the driveway and just played and played until it got dark!! It was an absolutely wonderful day that I was so thankful to have with my three little guys!!!

Our Wacky Wednesday started off with Jaxson in the sink! I have no idea what he was doing in there but just went with it since it was leap day!!

Jantzen had Wacky Wednesday at school and got to wear something wacky!! He wore his angry birds pj pants, a crazy hat, his shirt backwards and a tie to top it off!!!

My cute little Jantzen!

The boys are constantly asking me to take pictures of things for them on my phone. They really wanted a pic of this screech owl!

Looking at the Lion!

Looking at a Bob Cat!

Admiring the deer!

Looking at a funny looking turkey!

Looking at some "leap" frogs on lead day!

Jantzen wanted a picture with a frog as well!

The boys loved watching this beaver!


Looking at a jaguar

In the bamboo forest!

Jaxson wanted this pic!!

And then so did Jantzen!

Play on the lion statues!

They loved to climb.

Jett loved this lion!

The boys were being funny!

Enjoying a picnic in the driveway!

Jantzen spilt his drink so Jett started drinking it off the ground!!!

BOYS!!!
1 comment:
What a fun day!!! I enjoyed just watching.. Jennah, you and Jaaf are enjoying "Living" as God wants all of HIS
Families to do. Work, yes, but this "fun time" is the best way to find rest and peace of mind in Him, and prayer. Praise God for all His opportunities that we fulfill in His LOVE. Blessings, Gramma
Post a Comment