Thursday, August 9, 2012

Countdown to school!!!


I can't believe the summer is almost over and our countdown to school has begun! Each year I take the 7 days leading up to school and pick a prayer that I feel the Lord laid on my heart for my boys for the school year! This year we chose to pray for their teacher, their friends, protection, confidence, conquerors, wisdom, and to be used by God!! Each night the boys pull off a number and we sit down as a family and pray over the boys! It not only just covers them with prayer and scripture, but it calms my anxious mommy heart! My heart can rest in the fact that the Lord is in control over their lives, that His ways are so much greater than my ways, and that He will walk beside them each day of school! i have to dedicate them each day to the Lord and know that they are His and He gave me the privilege of being their mom! He loves them even more than I do so I have to trust that He know what's best for them for this new school year!!  
My three boys sitting in front of the school countdown! 
My two school boys!!

Every year I also make a little thing to put into their backpacks so that when they open it, they see a pic of their family and then some bible verses! This year the boys picked out the verses they wanted! These were the verses!

"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about EVERYTHING!! Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done!!"
Philippians 4:6

"Commit EVERYTHING you do to the Lord, Trust Him, and He will hep you!!"
Psalm 37:5

"Always be joyful! Never stop praying! Be thankful in ALL circumstances!!"
I Thess 5:17
The last verse is actually in their lunch box next to a funny pic of our dog!! I try my hardest to do something funny or fun for them in their lunch box everyday to give them something to look forward to and to laugh at in the middle of the day!!

No comments: