Saturday, February 16, 2013

Snow day

What a fun snow day!! This was our first real snow that we could play in this year!! The big boys were at school when it started snowing so Jett and I got a head start in the fun! The snow flakes were huge. The nice thing was there was no wind, so the weather was bearable. We had such a fun time. Jett was loving it! Then my friend called and said she was going to get her kids early so she picked up my boys so they could play!! They came home and we played and played ate some snow ice cream and hot chocolate and just had a good time!!


The beginning of the snow


I love our backyard. It over looks a beautiful farm! You can see the cows all huddled together!


Jett trying to catch the snow flakes.


He was doing a happy dance.


He was so excited.


I love this pic! There is an awesome verse that goes along with this!!
"God’s voice is glorious in the thunder. We can’t even imagine the greatness of his power. “He directs the snow to fall on the earth and tells the rain to pour down. Then everyone stops working so they can watch his power." (Job 37:5-7 NLT)
It is so so true. The second I saw that snow fall I stopped what I was doing smiled and had to watch His majesty!! I told the bis that scripture and jaxson said "mom, He's right. Ms. Long let us stop our work and go to the window to watch the snow!!" How great are the blessings from God. Sometimes we all just need to stop our work and watch Our God at work!!


We put bowls outside to catch the snow so we could make snow ice cream. Jett was getting a head start and started eating the snow before we made the ice cream!






Jett playing out in the freshly fallen snow!


Jumping on the trampoline full of
Snow!


He loved it!!!


Making snowballs to throw at Bella!





Bella was loving the snow!!


She just wanted to lay down in it!


Sledding with friends!


Making snow Angels.


Snowball fight!





Trying to make a snow man!


Maddie was making her snow man and we looked down and she picked up some dog poop! It was hilarious!


Jantzen trying to pick up the base of his snowman!


Maddie and Jantzen worked for a very long time on their snowman! The others went inside way before they did!!!


The finished product. They did it all on their own!! I love the garden topiary they used!!


Huge snow ball fight!!!!


Hot cocoa and snow ice cream.


Watching the snow continue to fall!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: