So we have arrived at the Great Wolf Lodge! We have been waiting for this moment for such a long time!! The boys have wanted to come ever since they saw the first commercial! So we are here, and we are happy!!
Jaxson woke up ready to go at 5:30 this morning! The first thing he said was, “Is it our vacation day??” I told him it was, but that he needed to go back to sleep for a while! He was too excited to fall back asleep, so he just watched cartoons in our bed so that Jantzy could sleep!! Thank goodness Jantzen slept in, I had to go wake the little guy up at 9:00! I went in and said, “Jantzy, do you know what day it is??” He said, “Is it trip day??” I said, “Yes, today we get to go on our trip!!” He then said, “I so excited!!”
We got on the road and the boys did pretty good. Half way through Jaxson asked if he could fall asleep in the car. We of course told him yes!!!!! When we pulled up to the Lodge, I guess I wasn’t expecting it to be so large! Both boys said, “Wow this is the biggest place ever!” There were these HUGE wolf sculptures that greet you as you walk in! Once we were in the lobby it just looked like a huge forest, there were massive trees all over the place! Then we got to see the most fun water park ever!!!! The boys were so excited they just wanted to go straight to the water park! We checked into our room then headed off to the water park! Jaxson loved it all, he is my water boy!! I also love the water, so Jax is a boy after my own heart! I loved watching Jaxson today! To see the pure joy beaming on his face every time he went down a slide made my heart so happy! Jaxson was beaming ALL day, he loved every thing! The only thing he was a little afraid of was a little bit bigger blue spiny slide. We kept encouraging him to try it, he would be brave enough to climb the stairs and wait in line, but the second it was his turn, he would bale. At the very end of the day Jaxson really wanted to get some ice cream. Jaaf told him that we could if he would go down the blue slide! Sure enough, Jaxson said, “Sure!” So he climbed up those stairs again, sat down in the water, then off he went…and boy was his smile ever so big! When he got to the bottom he said, “I want to do it again!” He did it about four more times and giggled each time he came down that spiny slide! Oh the sweet joys of watching children have so much fun!
Jantzy on the other hand was a little bit more reserved, he really didn’t want anything to do with the water, he just wanted to be held! We slowly started to introduce the water to him by telling him that he could be like a dolphin! So we spun him around in the water and pretended to make Jantzy do tricks like dolphins, and before too long he loved the water! (Jantzen loves to pretend that he is an animal! Jaguars are his favorite animal to pretend!) He looked at us and said, “The water is better!”
At the end of the day we asked the boys what their favorite part was, Jaxson said it was the blue spiny slide, then he said, “All of it, all of it was my favorite!”. Jantzy said his favorite part was playing games in the arcade! What a wonderful start to our family vacation!
Jantzy ready to go and play!!!!!!
Jaxson swimming! At one point I was just pulling him along and he was floating, he looked at me and said, "Now this is how I like to swim!"
Playing some games at the arcade with dad!
One very happy little boy!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment