"But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke 10:41-42
On His way to Jerusalem Jesus stopped by Mary and Martha's house! As I was reading this story again I was so convicted that I would probably be a Martha! I think I would of been the one cleaning the house trying to make it perfect for my Savior! Not a bad thing, but boy would I have missed the most amazing thing! So many days I am consumed with me and I miss Him! I felt like He was just saying, "Sit at my feet! Just listen, Just be in My Presence!"
Our activity today was to make some stepping stones! I had the boys put their feet in the cement to make a footprint on the stepping stone. While we did this we talked about how back then they didn't have tennis shoes or socks, it was just thin sandals. Their feet were extremely dirty after walking everywhere! So when someone washed your feet for you it was a complete act love. Not only did Mary wash His feet she poured her expensive perfume on Him and wiped it off. She got it! She didn't care about anyone or anything else except her Savior! Not only was she just sitting in His presence, she was preparing Him for his journey to the cross!
We then washed the boys dirty feet! It was a sweet time!
Jaxson decorating his stepping stone!
Jett hated getting his feet dirty, but he loved decorating it!
Jantzen did put his foot in the cement, but then decided to cover it up with decorations!!
No comments:
Post a Comment