Monday, June 13, 2011

Extreme couponing Gassid style!!

So my boys are now 7, 5 and almost 2 and they are already eating me out of my house!! I think they are all going through growth spurts because all they want to do is EAT!!! I love TLC and I have started watching the Extreme Couponing! It is crazy and I think those people have a serious hoarding problem, but it got me thinking about what I could save if I couponed. I heard of a local girl who does coupon classes and teaches you how to save the most money. She even gives you a grocery list every week and tells you which coupons to use for the product to get it for at least 70% off to almost free!! It is challenging, but she encourages you to stick with it for 6 weeks, and then it will all just click! I have been doing it now for about 4 weeks and I can't even begin to tell you how much money I have saved in the process!! I just know that I will have it down soon and be able to save us even more money! My goal is by the time the boys are teenagers I will be able to get lots of food for my growing boys for 80% off normal price!! I know I can do it! The great thing that this coupon lady teaches is to use it as a ministry! She says to not hoard the food. She tells you to just get 3-6 week stock piles, and then everything else that you get for free donate it and give it to people in need!! I love that!! So here's to couponing and saving lots and lots of money!!!!
This is $90 worth of groceries! It is all name brand expensive stuff and I got it all for $30!!
Here is what I got-
2 20 pack Dr. Peppers!!
3 Boxes of Kellogs cereal!
2 ALL laundry detergent!
Ice Cream
Salad
Rice
Chips
2 packages of Hot Dogs
Sandwich meat
3 lunchables with fruit
4 smoothies
2 Boxes of Keebler Crackers
2 boxes of cookies
1 box of muffin mix
5 count of Zyrtec
and last but not least 3 candy bars!!!!

No comments: