Saturday, June 25, 2011

Last Day of 1st Grade!

What a crazy last day of school it was! There were threats of catastrophic weather all day! Being from Oklahoma my whole life I really didn't think to much of it. I was in charge of the end of the year party for Jaxson's class, so I had an obligation to be there no matter what! The school principal called all the parents to let them know they could check out their kids early and not be penalized! I really thought they were going a little over board! We ended up having our party with a few minor mishaps, like me bringing the end of the year slide show for Mrs. Weiss' class and I accidentally grabbed the Gassid Christmas of 2010!! It was AWESOME! (not really) Thankfully we live close so Jaaf grabbed the right one and brought it up to school!
After we said goodbye to all 9 kids that hadn't been checked out yet, we came home and the storms began! We were prepared, but I don't think we would of survived if the Tornado came to our house! Thankfully the Tornado missed us by a few miles, but it was headed right towards us! The town it hit was completely leveled and lives were lost to those who were above ground! There was a poor pregnant mom who did everything right by putting her kids in the bath tub with a mattress over them and then laying on top of the mattress and two of her boys died. The weather man said that in order to survive this kind of tornado you have to be under ground!! That was the day we decided to get a storm shelter at our new house! Thankfully we were protected and we praise God for that, but at the same time it is so sad to know others lost their lives!
It was one crazy end to the school year! I am thankful this year for all that Jaxson learned. It was a great year to learn that God puts us in situations that we might not understand why, but we know it is for His glory! We learned to love some people that are not so lovable and to be sure to always show them God's love! There was a boy who was pretty hard to love at the beginning of the year, and now he has turned into a nice boy! It is fun for me to be able to see Jax get excited for answered prayers with his friends! I would say it was a year of surrendering that His ways are way higher and better than our ways!!!
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. Is. 55:8
My big boy giving his teacher a rose on the last day of school!
Jax with Mrs. Weiss!! She was a great teacher!
The kiddos that were left at the end of the day!
We are ready for the storm! Jett put on his helmet when the storm got closer!

No comments: