So this is definitely one of my all time favorite family traditions! It started out when Jaxson was 2 and we would make a Birthday Cake for Jesus and sing "Happy Birthday to Jesus." As Jaxson got older and Jantzen was little I let them both decorate a Birthday Sack and we put it under the tree, everytime the boys did something nice we would write it down and put it in the bag. The goal was to fill the bag up with all the nice things the boys did and then that is there present to Jesus!
Then I started to have a vision of sharing our family traditions with our closest friends. I began 2 years ago and decided to throw a big birthday party for Jesus. We had fun party games like, "pin the tail on Mary's Donkey" bowling in "Bethlehem" and so on! Each year we pick a ministry or an organization to help. One year we collected toys for children at a local children's hospital, this year we collected toys for children in foster care! God has just laid foster children on my heart and I want to help out in any way I can. The party was awesome and so much fun to celebrate the birth of our Savior with our dear friends!

Happy Birthday Jesus Sign my friend Lyndsey made!!
The crew! Notice the boys are in a huddle in the corner!!
Pin the tail!!

Jaxson all wrapped in swaddling!!

Sweet little Jaylen doing the swaddle wrap race!!
SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!!!
Picking up the snowball fight!
Sweet Gabby found the baby jesus in our unwrap relay race!! She got to hold baby jesus while we talked about the story of Jesus' Birth!
Baby Jesus
Lyndsey, Corrie, Me, Amber, and Deanna
The girls!

My Kelly!
My Hot Man!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment