
I have been meaning to post some of my favorite things Jaxson has said or done lately! I am just now getting around to it! My sweet Jaxson is the funniest and most amazing 3 (almost 4) year old I know. Sometimes his wisdom amazes me. I can already see God working in his sweet life. Jaxson loves to pray, and I pray over him constantly that God would continue to give him that desire and make him a boy then one day a man of prayer. One of the greatest things about being a parent is watching God work in your children's life. Like I said earlier, Jaxson loves to pray. Sometimes God doesn't answer his prayers the way that he wants, but he loves to pray. When ever Jaxson prays for something and God answers it, he always says, "See I prayed for it to happen!" Last night Jaxson had a horrible cough! I kept preparing myself that it was going to be a LONG night! By 9:00p.m. I had already been in his room 4 times to give him medicine, a drink, put a humidifier in, and so on. The last time I went in his room, he asked me, "Mom pray that my cough will stop!" I said well sure, so I prayed that God would take away his cough for the night and that he would be able to rest. In my mind I am thinking, this is going to be one of those prayers that God will answer differently than Jaxson wants! Oh, ye of little faith! My awesome God took away Jaxson's cough for the WHOLE night! He did not cough until 8:45 this morning! How awesome is that! Thank you Lord for answering the simplest of prayers. My son is always teaching me a greater faith than I have ever known before having children! I pray that God would equip me to teach them uncompromising faith!
Last week we started really focusing on what is means to be patient, as most 3 years olds are not very patient! I just wanted Jaxson to understand what it means, and how we can practice being patient. I do not expect him to be patient all the time, but I do expect him to try to learn how to be. We were driving in the car and we got some McDonald's. Jantzy was screaming and crying because he really wanted his sprite. Well I was driving and could not hand it to him, so I told him he would have to wait. Jantzy continued to scream and cry, and then he finally got quiet. Then Jaxson said to me, "Mom, can you please give Jantzy his sprite, he is being veeerrrryyyy patient!!"
Again, we were driving in the car on our way to go see Honey and Pal. Again Jantzy was screaming and crying. I was doing everything I could think of to get him to quiet down, but he just was not happy! So finally I told him, "Jantzy, we are going to see Honey and Pal!" He stopped crying, then Jaxson said, "Well that put a smile on his face!!" He cracks me up!!

I was putting Jaxson down for bed the other night, and I told him that it was time for me to leave and that I was really thirsty so I needed to go get a drink. I kissed him goodnight, then he said, "OK mom, you go get a drink, then I will call you and I will tell you to come back and do another job for me." Jaxson enjoys having us come back into his room after we have already put him down for the night! He will think of any excuse possible to get us in the room! He has even gone to great lengths to say that he is hurt or sick when he is not, just to get us in there!

Speaking of jobs, Jaxson is really into the whole job thing. He thinks anything he does is his job. Example: playing with toys, picking toys up, making train tracks, doing dishes, coloring, and so on! The other day he was playing soccer outside with his dad. He was pretty tired, so he went and sat down. While he was sitting down he said, "Wooo, I'm going to take a rest for a bit before my next job!"
No comments:
Post a Comment