Friday, April 11, 2008

Our Long Sick Week!!!!!!!!!!!

So on Sunday after church, I noticed that my big boy was acting a little funny. He just wasn't as energetic as he usually is. Soon after that the flood gates opened and our week of being sick began!!! I was hoping it was just going to be the 24 hour bug, but I was oh so wrong!! On Tuesday at about the same time, my littlest guy started to have the same look that Jaxson had on Sunday. Soon after that his flood gates were opened!!! My mom and I took the boys to the doctor on Wed., to find out that my boys have Herpangina! Sounds a little strange, but it is a virus that is like having the flu and strep throat all in one! The virus makes you have little tiny ulcers in your mouth that make it unbearable to eat, then you have such a high fever that it causes you to throw up. The worst part about this virus is that there are NO antibiotics to help!!!! You just have to wait it out for about 6 days! We are now on the home stretch, and for the first time in a week I was able to sleep in my own bed last night! The boys have just been miserable! They have been so sweet to each other and wanting to help the other one out, because they know how painful it is!! All they have wanted this week is to be held, and for us to sleep in their beds. The first part of the week we lived in the hall bath. At one time all four of us were sleeping in there! It was quite a week, but we survived and are all on the healing side now! I love it though because all week my sweet Jaxson would ask Jaaf and me to ask God to make him not sick anymore! I love to be able to pray for my boys in all circumstances, and I love it that when Jax needs help we wants to pray!
This is Jaxson's first night of being sick! All he wanted to do was sleep on the floor in the bathroom so that he could be close to the toilet! It was so sad! He wanted us to sleep with him!
Here is Jax after some Motrin kicked in and his fever went down enough that he didn't feel sick to his tummy. We let him stay up with us in the living room and watch some TV, he thought it was so cool that he could stay up late with us! The wet pillow is due to the washcloth we had to put on his hot little head!
Honey came over to see Jax and help out, that is when Jantzen was sitting in her lap, and all of a sudden he had a high high fever! This was the beginning of Jantzy being sick!!
This is how Jantzen was most of that day, he just wanted to lay down where ever I was. He was so sick he kept saying, "My tummy hurt!"
Here are my boys all in the hall bath with Jantzers! Jaxson was such a huge help that night. I was at Bible Study, and Jantzen started to throw up, Jaxson was also so sick, but he pulled through and helped his daddy out until I got home! He went and got Jaaf towels, washcloths, and he even went and got Jantzy all of his favorite animals to help him feel better! It was so sweet, because jaxson was feeling so sick too, but he knew that his brother was feeling terrible!
This was around midnight when I decided to let the boys sleep in bed with me, they were so excited. I thought it was a good idea until Jantzen started throwing up and Jaxson started to scream, "He is getting me all wet!" At that point I was holding my sweet Jantzy over the toilet and Jaxson was in the living room screaming and crying for Daddy, who couldn't hear him over the loud fan he sleeps with! After that we put both boys in their own beds and thought it would be best to just sleep on the floor beside them!
Jantzy is pretty pitiful when he is sick! He was so tired, he kept falling asleep all over the house!
My sick boys wanting to sleep with their mommy!
Jantzy sitting with his daddy after eating one bite of a powdered doughnut, it was so painful for him to swallow that he kept his mad face on for a while!

The boys were starting to feel a little bit better, so honey came over and made a barn tent with them, so that Jaaf and I could go have lunch together!

"O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me."

Psalm 30:2

No comments: