Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So Now The Mommy Is Sick...

This is what happens when the mommy is sick and can't do anything!! The bubble maker comes inside!!!!! Anything to keep them entertained!!!!
And so it happened I was praying and hoping I would not get this nasty virus, but I guess I was just over exposed!!! I have realized how precious my boys are and so surprised that they did not complain as much as I am right now! This virus hurts, I don't know how my precious little boys did it. I am sure it hurt even worse for them. I just wanted to share a little sweet story about me being sick. Jaxson has been a big helper and has wanted to stay by my side most of the time, he keeps telling Honey that he is going to stay with me so he can protect me! I love that!!! On Monday morning when I woke up feeling really bad, Jaxson said, "Mommy I'll pray for you. Dear God, thank you for this beautiful new day, please help mommy to feel better. Amen!" I think he has prayed that prayer for me about 4 times already. He was talking to me yesterday and he said, "You know mom when you are sick your heart is broken, but God lives in our heart and He fixes it, so it's not broken anymore!" I though how precious is that! I'm sure he thinks our hearts are broken when we are sick because that is all I say when they are sick is that my heart breaks for them! But I love how He knows God lives in our hearts and that He is the Healer!! My mom came to take the boys to the park so that I could get some rest. She said that while they were gone Jaxson asked her to pray for me. So my mom prayed that God would put His hands on me and heal me. Jaxson's response was, "You know Honey when you ask God to put His hands on you, He really does!" Jaaf and I have prayed for a long time that God would grant the boys wisdom and knowledge and understanding of God and His word, I love love love that God is already answering that prayer! I love to see that Jaxson is starting to grasp God's power!
"To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds."
Daniel 1:17
This verse is the verse I pray for my boys, what amazing young men Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were. I pray that God would raise them up to be men like them, men of wisdom, knowledge, integrity, and above all a love for the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you got sick too Jen, but I am so proud of all of you! You are teaching your boys of a faith that is allready stronger than MANY adults. God bless you all really good! Love you all-you are such blessings. My heart is overflowing!

Haley said...

Jaxson is just so sweet! Ryan and I were just saying tonight how much it must make Jesus smile to hear our children's simple prayers. Love it.

I hope you feel better soon.