
Many of you know my obsession with Morning Glories! They are my favorite seeds to plant! I never really enjoyed gardening until we owned our first house and I had a little plant that was just about dead, and I nurtured it back to heath! Might sound weird, but I had such joy keeping something alive, thriving, and growing! It gave me the feeling that I accomplished something!
A few years ago I thought that it would be fun for Jaxson to help me with my gardening. I am very passionate about trying to make every day with my boys a teachable lesson about our Heavenly Father. I try to always bring it back to Him. For He is the one we are living for, and I want my boys to be very aware of that, even if it is something as little as talking about how God made all the beautiful colors in all the beautiful flowers. Gardening has so many amazing applications in a daily walk with the Lord, and I think that is why I love it so much. Now my boys love it too! Every morning we wake up and we count how many new blooms God has given us for that day!
All of that to say, morning Glories are my favorite because of how I see Christ through them. Morning Glories only bloom in the morning. It reminds me that His mercies are new every morning. As each day goes by you have more blooms than the day before. It reminds me that when we are constantly walking with Him, we see a little more of Him every new day. You have to water and nurture this plant, just like we have to feed ourselves with His word if we want to grow in Him. As you water and nurture this plant, it CONSUMES your garden! It spreads throughout the whole garden weaving its way in and out of every other plant that is in there. The vines can spread about 20 feet on the ground! It reminds me that when we allow Gods word to dwell in our hearts and continually feed ourselves with Him, He CONSUMES us and will take over every part of our lives. When I look at my garden that is totally overgrown with Morning Glories, it reminds me to pray that God would CONSUME me and will consume my children!
My favorite color of all of the morning glories is called, “Heavenly Blue!” What a perfect name for this flower!!
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."
Lam 3:21-26
1 comment:
Well now I want to plant Morning Glories! You do a great job of teaching your kids about Christ.
Post a Comment