So I love to encourage my kiddos to pray in every circumstance and on all occasions. It might be that we hear sirens coming, so we stop and pray for the people it is going to go help and then we pray for wisdom and guidance of the people helping. We pray for our bother if he falls and hurts himself, we pray at night if the boys get scared, we love to pray for our family and friends, and recently we have been praying for people we don't know who need help. Here are a couple of example's.
There are a couple of places in OKC where people stand on the corners asking for money. I am one that feels a little uncomfortable about just handing money over. I also would never do so if I have the boys in my car, just out of safety concerns. But, my heart breaks when I see people begging for food. So what we have started to do is pray for them. We pray that God would provide shelter, that He would provide food, and that if they don't know Jesus, they would come to know Him soon. We have done this for many of the people that we have seen over the summer months sitting out on the corners. So today we saw a lady on the corner and Jaxson said, "Mom, she doesn't have a home." Then Jantzen said, "No food!" I told them that she might not have a home or food, so lets pray. After we prayed Jantzen said, "I have a home. God made my home!"
About a month ago we were stopped at a light and there was a lady pushing her baby in a stroller across the street. Jaxson said, "Mom, that girl doesn't have a car! Lets pray that God would give her a car!" Now I don't know if she had a car or not, I just thought it was so precious that Jax was concerned for her, and he knew that if he prayed for her, that God would give her a car! How precious it is to see your children have a heart for praying for others!
A couple of days ago we were praying at breakfast and Jaxson did this beautiful long prayer about thanking God for our new day and all the animals and so on. Then it was Jantzy's turn and this is how his prayer went, "Dear God thank you today, help daddy find new yellow car! Amen!" Jantzen has been wanting a new yellow lego car, so he thought lets pray for God to help daddy to find it! Jaaf found it and later that night Jax prayed, "Thank you God that Jantzy prayed for daddy to find it!"
"Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."
Eph 6:18
3 comments:
Oh how I know our Lord and Savior is smiling! I too pray when I hear a siren or see the Life Flight helicopter go over. When I see someone that looks in need I ask Jesus to reveal Himself to that person. God bless you 4 J's and I am so proud of all of you! Aren't we so blessed to be able to talk to the Lord! Mom/Grandi
Jennah, You're doing such a great job with those boys! What a wonderful mommy you are :)
How precious, Jen!
Post a Comment