What a sad, yet Glorious day Good Friday is! A while back I bought an authentic crown of thorns that supposedly came from Israel, (so it says on the certificate!) When you look at how long and thick the thorns are, you can't help but be sad knowing how much pain our Savior was in. The awesome think about being a believer, is that we have hope! We know how the story ends! So even in my sadness, I can't help but rejoice!
Today as a family we decided to give up one thing for the day, to remind us of the sacrifice Jesus gave us. I chose to not look at a computer all day! The boys could not watch any T.V. all day! They were fine with it until it came time for nap, which we usually let them watch a movie during nap time! Boy did they throw a fit. I used that time to remind them of the sadness Jesus must of felt hanging on the cross. They finally fell asleep, and were fine the rest of the day!
A few days before, the boys painted a circle box, so that it could be our tomb. I wanted the boys to have a visual, so we had the crown of thorns out all day, three wooden crosses, and our little Jesus statue. After the day was done, we wrapped Jesus up in linen, and put Him in the tomb. I know it might sound a little morbid, but the boys got it. They will never know the depths of it, but they now understand the He did die on a cross, and He was put in a tomb. How terrible it must have been to be a witness to His death. I can't even begin to imagine the heart ache. But again, we have the hope, because we know how this story ends!
"And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people. When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"
Matthew 27:50-54
I love this verse! Can you imagine seeing all of these great holy people being raised to life! How awesome! How awesome is His power and His might! It just gives me goose bumps!
No comments:
Post a Comment