Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jesus Cleans the Temple!

"Then Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out the people selling animals for sacrifices. He said to them, "The Scriptures declare, "My Temple will be a house of prayer," but you have turned it into a den of thieves."
Luke 19:45-46
After His triumphal entry into Jerusalem Jesus went to the Temple to teach. He probably felt the most "at home" when He was in his Father's house. But when He got there He did not see anything that would please His Father! God's house was filthy! Full of greedy men selling things and trading things! God's house was out of order, I can't imagine His frustration to see how the people were treating His temple, the meeting place of God!!
So for today's activity, while the boys were at school, I rearranged the house! When I picked them up from school I asked the boys, "How would you feel if when you got home today people were in our house selling all of your things, your most prized possessions?" The boys both agreed they both would be mad and upset. I told them that is exactly how Jesus felt! People were in His house without His permission, and using His house as store not as a House of Worship! It was where people went to meet with God, not to sell things for their own gain!!!
When they walked into the house they saw all the things out of place and ran to each room to see how many things they could find that were out of order!!! After our little game, we sat down and ate "worms in dirt" dessert!!! I thought it was fitting since the Temple was dirty and Jesus had to clean it out!!!
Jett loved the dessert! Notice the cooking jars and ottoman in the dining room!
Yum Yum, he was liking the table!!!
Here is their tally marks on how many thing they could find wrong!!
There was a horse sticking out of the fire place!!
Cereal in the bathroom! Food in the living room! Dining chairs in the entry!
The pack n play in the boys room!!

No comments: