Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ethiopia!!

So tomorrow I leave for Ethiopia! I am a mess of emotions right now! I am sad to leave my boys and family and friends. I am a little nervous going to a new country and flying around the world. Just all the "unknown." But then I am reminded that it is God who controls the courses of this world! He is the one who created it! This is an opportunity for me to COMPLETELY TRUST, COMPLETELY RELY, AND FULLY GIVE OF MYSELF to Him!
This has to be one of my very favorite passages in Daniel, it is always a good one to read when things in this world seem to be failing.
“Praise the name of God forever and ever,
    for he has all wisdom and power.
21 He controls the course of world events;
    he removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to the scholars.
22 He reveals deep and mysterious things
    and knows what lies hidden in darkness,
    though he is surrounded by light.
23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors,
    for you have given me wisdom and strength.
You have told me what we asked of you."
Daniel 2:20-23

Yes my flesh is nervous and scared, but my God controls EVERYTHING, how can I be afraid. I have allowed fear to keep me from doing Kingdom work so many times, and I am at the point in my life where all I want to do now is His work. I want to be used by Him no matter what the cost! And I trust fully that He will do an amazing work through me. I use the phrase, "Less of me...More of You," over and over in my life but lately I keep saying, "NONE OF ME...ALL OF YOU!!!" It is going to have to be by Him alone that I can accomplish what He wants in Ethiopia! I am excited and Cannot wait to come home and tell you the many stories of seeing His VERY face, feeling His VERY hands at work, and all the times of just sitting in His VERY presence!!! I am so so blessed by amazing family and amazing friends who have prayed over me, written me letters, hugged me a thousand times! God is so so good to me! I can feel Him through each one of you! I love you all! Keep the prayers coming here are some specifics! 


Safety in all travels
That ALL our bags make it
That there are no hiccups through customs
That there are no hiccups with switching flights
For EXTRA strength
For Health and NO sickness
For rest at night and energy through the day
That the doctors would have wisdom
That Healing would take place physically and spiritually
That others would come to know Him through us
That the orphans would feel the love from their Father through us! 



Here is a verse my friend sent me! I love it because Ethiopia is one of the only African countries that Christianity is the main form of religion. I love how it says, and let Ethiopia bow in submission to God!!! So so cool!

No comments: