Monday, September 23, 2013

The Day Before I Left For Ethiopia

Today was picture day and boy do my boys look so so handsome and cute and all grown up! The closer it gets, the more sentimental I get. I just want to capture every last second with them!! Hug them a little tighter, look at them a little longer, kiss them all over! I went and had lunch with each one of them and while I was eating lunch with Jantzen the teacher helping in the cafeteria came over and said to me, "Only a mother could look at her song that way while he is stuffing his face full of fries." I wanted to tell her you have no idea, I am getting ready to leave and go across the world and I won't get to watch my baby eat fries for 9 days, I am savoring every last bit of it!!! So I tried to enjoy my babies and do as much as I could for the trip while they were at school, so that when they were home I could just be with them!! As the days got closer to the trip I will be honest and say it was a little scary. I have been planning this trip for close to a year and the reality of me actually leaving was getting closer and closer. I also felt like everyone was saying their "final goodbyes" to me.  I knew He had called me, but there were times that I thought maybe I should just stay home! I am so so thankful that God's calling for me to go was WAY stronger then my fears of leaving! I knew that is where I  needed to be, and though I will miss my husband and my boys, my family and my friends, I knew He was going to do amazing things in Ethiopia! Below are just a few pics of the last couple of days before I left! 
 Picture day and my sweet Jett looks so big!
 We had to take a picture by the car because we did not want any of our friends to see mom taking a pic! =)
 My sweet handsome Jantzen!
 The most perfect devotion for me and my family before I left!!
 His peace is so much sweeter than our fears!! Thankful for His peace!
 Daddy got the boys Texas Rangers tickets so they could have a fun boys weekend in Dallas while mommy was gone!! What an awesome dad they have!! They were all so excited!


 And once again God is so good! There was a huge storm with a couple microbursts that hit our house the night I left for Arkansas. And yet He was faithful to provide a beautiful rainbow to remind me of His sweet promises for my life!
 The storm knocked our fence down and our trampoline flew over to the front yard and was destroyed!!

There was flooding everywhere! 


 Jett loved playing in the water!
Me sitting with my boys and praying before I left!

No comments: