SO Ash Wednesday was this week! I LOVE celebrating the week leading up to Easter, but have never focused on the 40 days that lead up to it. I decided to do it this year, especially since the boys are older now. Instead of asking the boys to get rid of something for 40 days, I decided it would be fun for them to keep a prayer journal for the next 40 days. So as a family we are committing to spend these next 40 days praying together as a family and praising the Lord for the many things He does in our everyday life. We have been talking to the boys about what it means to fast and what it means to sacrifice. We let them know that our ultimate example is Christ and how He sacrificed His life for us, and that is the whole reason why we celebrate Easter!
So I gave the boys their own journal and let them decorate it. We had our first journal entry and here are the pics below!! So so precious! I just love how the Lord is already revealing great things to these precious boys! I just constantly pray that the Lord would open their eyes, open their ears, open their hearts, and minds to see Him and truly understand why they need Him as their personal Savior!! I just love to see the Lord at work in my children's lives!!
Here is Jaxson's journal! He can read and spell so well, so he wanted to do it all on his own!
Here is my sweet Jantzen's journal!
No comments:
Post a Comment