Wednesday, February 17, 2010

UN-Relaxing Spa Day, but hot date!!!

WARNING, totally long story, I just had to write it all down so that I wouldn't forget it!!
So my best friend Kelly and I got an amazing spa day from our sweet husbands for Valentines Day! We were going to be getting a deep tissue massage, hair cut, pedicure/manicure, and just a day of relaxation! Our boys have been having lost of fun lately going to Buffalo Wild Wings, Thunder Games, Ultimate Fighting Parties, and so on, so Kelly and I have been holding onto this spa day for quite some time now! We actually had a count down going, and whenever we had a bad day we would just say, "Only 10 more days!!!"
So the day of relaxation had finally arrived for Kelly and me! I was getting a late start due to sweet babies, but it didn't matter! We met at Panera to have a late breakfast. All Kelly wanted was a yummy breakfast sandwich, we went up to order it, and they had stopped making breakfast! We should of known that our day was getting ready to spiral downward. So we got a muffin and hurried up so that we wouldn't be late to our massages!! So we are pulling into the parking lot so ready to be relaxed and the spa calls our cell phone to let us know that the massage therapist has not shown up today and they would like to reschedule!! RESCHEDULE???? Do they not understand that our time away from our babies is precious and that we have planned this for weeks now, and lining up babysitters, husbands, etc for this one special day! We can't reschedule this was our day!!! So we decided to just give up the thought of massages and do the next thing on our list! Well because of the messed up massages, Kelly was unable to get her mani/pedi! Another disappointment. So we did what any girl would do when you are depressed and we went shopping before our hair appointment. We came back to the spa and Kelly's girl was on time! (Kelly switched her mani/pedi to get her hair done for me, so that I could get my hair cut!) Kelly wanted to get her hair done so that she could get a good head massage! We were desperate for anything at this point. So Kelly is off getting her head massaged and I am waiting...waiting...waiting, for 30 minutes until my lady is ready! So she gets me in the chair and says, "I have to hurry, I am running behind!" So there went my nice relaxing head message! She shampooed me in less than 3 min! Then she went over and started to attack my hair with a razor, (this was my first time to go to her, she didn't ask me what I wanted, I told her to just trim it up! I was already frightened by the shampoo job!!) So then I get a text from Kelly that says, "My hair is POOFY!!!!!" We don't like poofy! Then I look up and realize crazy hair lady cut me some bangs!! I don't do bangs, curly hair and bangs do not go well together! So I sent Kelly a text saying, "I HAVE BANGS NOW!!!!" So long story even longer, Kelly and I left with are poofy hair and unwanted bangs!
We tried to salvage our day and went to a mani/pedi place to get a manicure. My lady spoke very little English, so it was kind of hard to understand her. She was asking me about my husband, so I thought I would ask her if she was married. She went on to tell me that she has been married for 15 years! I said great, she said "Yeah, he has cancer for 6 years now, he is dying, they think he be dead this year!" Me-"I'm so sorry!" Nail Lady- "No, I don't care I don't love him anymore!" Me- "OK??" I had no idea what to say! Kelly's lady on the other hand was trying to get marriage counseling by asking Kelly 1001 questions on what she would do if her husband did that to her?? Again, another relaxing thing shot down!!!
So then our day of relaxation was coming to an end and we needed to get home to get dressed and ready for our hot date with our men! Praise the Lord we have amazing husbands and had a great yummy dinner followed by an interesting end to a bar! I'll spare you the details to this extremely long story, but lets just say that Kelly and I won!! It was a not so relaxing day, but it is one I will never forget and it was a funny memory with Kelly! It was also a wonderful fun night with our hot dates!
My hot man!! When Jaaf saw me he told me, "This is the best you have ever looked!!" I laughed so hard, because I know I have looked so much better, especially the days before kids!! It was just funny he was so sweet, but it just sounded funny!
Here are the boys watching funny videos on their IPhones.
I tried to get a good pic of Kelly and I, but my darn bangs got in the way!!

1 comment:

Haley said...

That stressed me out, just reading it! I think you girls need a do-over on your day of relaxation... and can I come next time?!? :)