"He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay." Matthew 28:6 What an amazing day today is! He is Risen! We have a Risen Savior!!!! Today we went checked our Resurrection Rolls, and sure enough the marshmallow was gone!! We also checked our play tomb we got from Mardel and I asked the boys to go see if Jesus was in there! They both ran over there and said, "Nope, He is not there!!!" I said, "Why?" They both said, "He is alive!!!!!"
When the boys woke up we had and Easter egg trail leading from their door into the living room where their Easter baskets were. I told them that the Easter bunny must of left them a trail leading to their presents!! They thought this was great fun!! It was pretty yucky outside, so we decided to have our Easter Egg hunt inside!
We went to church this morning with all of our family to celebrate our Risen Lord! It was an absolutely amazing worship service honoring our Savior! The boys had a great time in their classes and made fun little Easter crafts! After that we went to Honey and Pals to have Easter Dinner!
The thing that I have just loved the most about this Holy Week is Jaxson's understanding of it. Anytime Jantzen or someone would ask him about Easter he would tell them, "Jesus had to die on the cross to be our Savior." He would then tell people that, "The mean guys didn't believe He was the Savior, so He died on the cross." I know there is no way a 5 year old can fully grasp the significance of this week, but I believe with all of my heart that the Lord is opening Jaxson's little eyes and heart to show him things not of this world, but of God. Oh, how exciting it is!
What an absolutely wonderful Easter!!! Thank you God for sending your perfect and holy Son to die on the cross for us! Father we are forever thankful and grateful! God we love You and worship You today!!!!!!!!

The boys and their Easter Baskets!
The boys sitting under all of the things we learned about Holy Week!
Jantzen looking into the tomb!! No Jesus!
This is one of the many reasons why I love our church! They make it so much fun for the kiddos! Jaxson has to go down a slide to get into his room!!!
This is why Jantzen loves it! He get Krispy Kreme doughnuts!
Jantzen upset that he got more jelly beans!
No comments:
Post a Comment