Friday, January 7, 2011

Daniel Fast Day 1

I woke up so excited and so anxious to see what God was going to do that day! I spent time with Him that morning and it was refreshing and just made me full of joy! Breakfast was good! I had a banana with some water, yum! Then lunch time came around and Jaaf told me that our renters that we have had in our home in Texas for the past 2 1/2 years have to move suddenly. They have been the best renters and have caused us no problems whatsoever! And today on the first day of my fast they are leaving. My first thought was OK Lord here we go. May I prove myself faithful in this fast even through this stressful situation. I found it ironic that we've had no problems with the rent house is 2 1/2 years until the 1st day of the fast! Coincidence, I think not! Normally when something like this happens I grab myself a Dr. Pepper and a piece of chocolate! For this day I grabbed a water!
Then on this day I find out that our school district will be reorganizing the grades. So for elementary it will be k-4th, then they will have 5th-6th grade center, 7th-8th grade center, then highschool 9th-12th. They said that 5th graders tower over the younger kids in elementary and then go to middle school totally unprepared socially. So the new system will slowly ease them into middle school! I totally get and like it, the problem.... In 3 1/2 years I will be sending off my oldest to middle school and my baby to Kindergarten all on the same day! My heart couldn't handle it and I began to cry! It has also been a dream for me to have all my babies at school for just one year! And now that is taken away! My heart was broken, but I chose to let it go and not worry about it!
Then to top things off, Jaaf and I also decided to fast Target! Yes we are CRAZY, but we have found that we spend way to much time and money there! So I had to go to the grocery store to get a few things. I took the two big boys with me to a grocery store known for its low prices. We get there around 6:30 and you would of thought they were giving groceries away there were so many people there. I seriously only needed 3 things and it took us an hour to get our items and check out. My boys are good boys and I can't even begin to tell you all the looks I got from people because my boys kept getting in and out of the cart! I just smiled and continued shopping! Then I go out to my car and the car parked next to me had a family of 6 loading up their car. I put the boys in on the other side and then walked around to the front of my car to get in on my side. As I walk there is a little boy probably 3 with his pants to his ankles peeing on my car!! YES peeing on my car! His mom saw him and asked, "Do you need to pee?" then his brother replied, "He already did!" I wanted to say, "Yeah on my car thankyouverymuch!" But was so incredibly tired and just wanted to get home! So as I sat in my car on the way home I just laughed! Seriously Lord, I don't know if I can handle this new grocery store!
I was ready for the day to be over and to start a new day!

No comments: