Sunday, January 23, 2011

The End of the Fast!

So the fast is coming down to the last 24 hours. I will have to admit that the past week and a half has been a bit difficult! I found myself to complain about the smallest little thing or get irritated over something small. I blamed it on having no food in my belly for over 2 weeks, but quickly realized that my focus was not at all on Him it was all on me and how I was feeling! God has been faithful to show us many things through out this fast, but I truly believe His main thing he wants to show us is that HE IS IN CONTROL, HE IS FAITHFUL TO PROVIDE, and that HE NEEDS TO CONSUME EVERY PART OF ME, (not just some parts of my life, He wants them all!) Last week the Lord provided some renters for our house in Texas, I was so thankful and a load had been lifted! Then this morning they called and backed out! My first reaction was to stress, but then I caught my self and reminded myself that, "This did not take Him by surprise! He knew last week when they signed the contract that they would not be our renters!" I need to rest in the fact that He has all my days planned out and that as much as I would like to control this situation, He is in control! He kept telling me over and over, let me CONSUME everything in your life! I need and want Him to CONSUME me!!!! The Lord has been faithful to stretch our minds during this time and to grow us in His word! Jaaf and I are doing the Daniel study, and then I am doing BSF, and then our church is doing a small fast devotional everyday. I was worried that it would be way too much and just prayed that He would stretch my mind to learn! I am utterly amazed how all three of these studies have totally intertwined! So much so that almost on a daily basis, the three totally different bible studies, all use the same bible verses!! It has been awesome!
Also, the Lord did a super sweet thing for me! At the begining of the fast I found out that ourschool district was changing the schools and grades around. I was so upset because it would mean that I wouldn't be able to have all three of my boys at the same school for one year! Well we just found out that the reason why the school was moving 5th grade out of elementary and into middle school was to make room for pre-k! So now my boys will get the chance to go to school together! Pre-K, 2nd, and 4th!! I can't wait!!
Below is a song by Hillsong that we sang at Church today! I can't get it out of my head because it is amazing! I keep telling Jaaf that I don't want my life to be safe, I want my life to make a difference for His Kingdom and His glory! I love this song and want to encourage you with it!
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
And weakness or trial or pain
There is faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me lord through the flames

I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and he is here

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on his promise I'll stand

I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and he is here

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and he is here

And this is my prayer in the harvest
And favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I received I will sow

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This is awesome Jennah!